}

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Shadowfever



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

This book is probably my most anticipated book in several years (since the end of Harry Potter!) If they had a midnight release for this, I would be first in line to get it. I'm already planning on taking the day off of work to read it.

It's the final, fifth, book in the Fever series. If you haven't started the Fever series, I highly urge you to pick up Darkfever. Check out the reading order here. It has incredibly strong world-building and...I can't even do it justice. I've posted about the Fever series before (prior to the fourth book Dreamfever coming out). There's no real spoilers in that post. Seriously. Run, don't walk, to get this series.

****Spoilers after this point for the first four books***







Title: Shadowfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever 5
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: 18 January 2011

Book Description (from author's website):

"Evil is a completely different creature, Mac.
Evil is bad that believes it's good."

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.

11 comments:

Belinda said...

Ahhhh the Fever series. I am DESPERATE for this release. I can't wait to get the answers all my questions. Plus any chance to read about Barrons is fine by me :)

Come see what my WOW is this week

Nicole Sheldon said...

Barrons!

I think it's obvious by my recent breakdown of the fever series on my blog that I'm definitely desperate for more. But that desperation comes with a sense of sadness, that this is the end. I really hope that KMM continues her craft with another series like this one. I would be lost if she left me with nothing else to read. I'm really looking forward to seeing if my speculations play out and seeing how she ties all of this up. I will definitely tackle someone, without shame for my copy on release day.

Angela said...

@TheBookishSnob: I totally agree. Any chance to read about Barrons and I'm happy. ;)
@Nicole: LOL! It might be a good thing we live on opposit sides of the country come release day. Otherwise we might have ended up wrestling.
I've heard very vague rumors that KMM plans to continue writing in the post-Fever world...maybe something with Sidhe-Seers Inc, or Christian :)

Straylights said...

I loved the first book in the series...so of course I stopped reading it, you know, so i wouldn't have to wait a year to read the next book. and now I'm practically drooling in anticipation to be able to read the entire series without waiting. It's so hardddd!

Curling up by the Fire said...

I am eagerly anticipating this book, especially as her last two books left us reeling at the end, not knowing what is happening or going to happen.

Like Nicole, I will willingly tackle someone for this book (lol).

Angela said...

@Straylights: I read the first book when it first came out, so naturally ever since then I've been purposely getting people hooked left and right so that I wouldn't be alone in my torture! LOL

@Stephanie: Let's all hope the bookstores stock enough of these books! I'd hate to see the riots that break out (after I get mine of course) ;)

Kelly Rubidoux said...

Well, this looks like a series I'll have to start reading!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

I just totally had a fan-girl moment when your site loaded and I saw Shadowfever as your WoW pick!!! I am freaking obsessed with this series, lol ... if there was a midnight release and you were the first in line, I'd be second :o

WHO THE HECK IS IYD?!? That's what I want to know ...

Angela said...

@Kelly - I hope you do check it out!

@Bella - There are SO many questions I'm dying to see the answers to! Thankfully it's gonna be a BIG book. 200,000 words! :)

Nicole Sheldon said...

Is that the cover?

Angela said...

Yep, sure is the cover :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails