}

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: 3

Okay. I missed a week. I completely forgot about it in the middle of writing a scene that came to me suddenly.

But I'm back this week with it! And because I'm longing for summer, I'm going to list the 13 movies that I'm looking forward to this summer (and beyond).

1. Public Enemies
Directed by Michael Mann, and starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. Depp is John Dillinger and Bale the man on his trail in this crime thriller set during the crime wave of the 1930s that subsequently gave birth to the FBI.
I'll admit - there are about a million reasons I'm so stoked for this movie. I think this era is fascinating. I love Johnny Depp (he's an incredibly nice, gracious person). And parts of the movie were filmed in the town I live in.

2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Year 6 for Harry & Co. at Hogwarts. Lots of stuff happens. This is one of my favorite books of the series, and the trailers look just awesome! I've got high hopes for this installment of the Harry Potter movie franchise.

3. G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra
I loved playing with G.I. Joes as a kid. And the posters were the first thing that pulled me into this movie. I admit, I'm a sucker for a good action movie. I hope this one lives up to it.

4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I think he's got the attitude down. Plus Gambit's gonna be in it!!

5. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Optimus Prime.

6. Angels & Demons
The prequel to The DaVinci Code. I admit I liked this book better than The DaVinci Code.

7. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
The first one was just fun. I hope this one is just as good.

8. Terminator Salvation

9. From Paris with Love

10. Knowing
Yes, yes. I realize it's released in March....but that's still warmer than it is now ;)

11. Sherlock Holmes

12. 2012

13. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

And because I couldn't stop at 13...

14. Watchmen



12 comments:

C said...

Great choices!

You know tops on my list is From Paris With Love ;) (JRM, baby!)

I'm also really looking forward to Public Enemies after hearing about the experience from you.

I'm now a Harry Potter convert, too.(also thanks to you!)

Nicholas said...

I'm looking forward to the Harry Potter one too.

janetfaye said...

I also want to see Public Enemies.

Carmen Shirkey Collins said...

I can't believe they made us wait until summer for HP. Stupid studio execs. ;)

Unknown said...

I haven't read the HP series, but my daughter has several times. I do enjoy the movies though. Hope this one measures up to the rest. Happy Valentine Day!

Mia Celeste said...

Good list. I'll be seeing most of these too, I hope. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'll be watching Potter. I might catch a few of the others on your list too.

Karen said...

I am looking forward to Angels and Demons!

kandyblossom said...

Sounds like we have similar taste in movies. I am looking forward to most of those too.

Happy TT!

soleil said...

i am very impatient for HP6! the trailers do look amazing. i think the movies get better and better with each installment.

Anonymous said...

Lots to look forward to!
Happy TT! Im up with TT#26- A Lil Too Straight?

The Bumbles said...

This is the second place I've seen mention of Angels & Demons and here I had never known there was even going to be a movie! I loved the book - enjoyed it more than DaVinci Code too. However I hated Tom Hanks in that Ron Howard movie and fear this one won't change my opinion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails