}

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hellllooooooo!!

I've been neglecting everyone here!! I'm so sorry! Life got a bit ... hectic for me. I'm hoping they're finally on the upswing though. *firmly crossing fingers*


Anyways! How is everyone doing? Did y'all have a good Thanksgiving? I got together with my family (parents and brother/sister-in-law) and had a wonderful dinner. It was great to get time to play with my nephew too, who is growing up entirely too fast.

Other than that, I've been reading (or trying to - more about that in a bit) and watching TV/movies from Netflix (I just did a post about my favorite new show, Leverage, about a week ago).

I did manage to get my butt to the theater to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on Sunday. And I really enjoyed it! It's not exactly like the book, though I never expected it to be. It's been awhile since my last re-read so I probably wasn't noticing what was missing/added as much. But I thought it was really well done, and immediately upon finishing it I wanted to watch it again!

What've I been reading? Well, not as much as I'd like. I've been in a bit of a reading rut. I keep picking things up, and putting them down (feel free to friend me on Goodreads), and picking up other things and then never reading them. It's been a bit depressing actually because reading has always been my escape, my favorite thing to do.

I finally decided to go back to some favorites. I picked up Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning, the first book in the Fever series (I've been talking about this series almost since I started my blog, here's one of my earliest posts I've got a fever). I can not properly express my love for this series. I actually just finished the first book today and loved it just as much this time as I did the first. I, briefly, considered doing a review on here for it but I really don't know if I can. I might still try. You'll be the first to know if I come up with something LOL

Back to the reading rut though - what do you guys do when you're in a rut? Is there anything new (to me) that you can recommend that might pull me out of it? What has been able to pull you out ruts?

I miss you all!


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails