}

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Year in Challenges - 2010

So, this year I took on two challenges. Mostly that I set up by myself. I think I'll do them again next year because they were so much fun, but here are my results. Not too darn bad, if I do say so myself.

Overall it's been a really good year for me and books. There are very few that I've read that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I don't know if that means that I'm getting better at picking them out, that there are more and more good books out there, or that I'm listening to friends recommendations more!

A to Z Reading Challenge

(click the title to see the rules)
This one I managed to finish on December 23rd! Cutting it close I know, but I had issues with 'N' if you can believe it. I was shocked that was my last letter left.

My List

A - Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunters 4) by Nalini Singh
B - Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands 3) by Cherise Sinclair
C - Candy Coated Passion by Kat Alexis
D - Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark 6) by Kresley Cole
E - Edge of Sight (Guardian Angelinos 1) by Roxanne St. Claire
F - From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse 8) by Charlaine Harris
G - Graceful Submission by Melinda Barron
H - He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan
I - Ice Cream, You Scream by Kat Alexis
J - Judgement in Death (In Death 12) by JD Robb
K - A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
L - Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood 2) by JR Ward
M - Mistral's Kiss (Merry Gentry 5) by Laurell K. Hamilton
N - Never Seduce a Scoundrel by Sabrina Jeffries
O - An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons 3) by Julia Quinn
P - The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Q - Quinn's Hart by Cassandra Gold
R - Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers 1) by Kate Pearce
S - A Spanking for Valentine by Evangeline Anderson
T - The Turning (Blood Ties 1) by Jennifer Armintrout
U - Undercover Submission by Melinda Barron
V - Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breeds 5) by Lara Adrian
W - Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers 2) by Kate Pearce
X - A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless 1) by Melissa Schroeder
Y - Yes, Captain by Rebecca Royce
Z - Zane's Way by Maggie Casper


New Author Challenge

(click the link to see the rules and list)
This challenge I still haven't been able to tackle. But I made it a heck of a lot closer than I did last year (I only managed a maximum of ten, even though I had a list a mile long.

I finished up with 36 New to Me Authors that I read this year. And by and large they were good reads and I've found new authors to enjoy. Check out my finish here.


A Year in Books

(click for full list)
This was something I did just for myself. I wanted to track what I was reading, and how much I ended up reading this year. I was actually surprised at how much I read. I mean, I knew I read a lot, but this was more than I was expecting.

I've finished the year at 144 books. And there will probably be one more that I'll finish tomorrow, but even still. Working full time, writing, two-two month reading slumps, and all the other things life has thrown at me this year - I'm pleased with that number. Oh, and that's not counting some of the series that I read a couple of times....


I plan to have up a post detailing all the challenges I'm going to do in the coming year, 2011.

Have you guys surprised yourself with some of your reading habits, numbers, finds this year? How have the books you've read this year stacked up to previous years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails