}

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NY Post: Rant

I am absolutely disgusted with this. I first saw about it at Babbling About Books, and then again at Meljean's blog. What exactly they were trying to satirize I'm not sure, but this goes beyond the pale.

Apparently in response to the picture below, the NY Post had this cartoon in today's edition. I can safely say the clothes are not the best choice, however FAT?! WTF?

I am absolutely disgusted by this. I don't think I can say that enough. She is healthy. And anything that takes that picture and makes fun of her weight is ridiculous. This is what women are fighting against on a daily basis. Trying to live up to impossible standards. And then when someone is normal. Healthy. Beautiful. The media crucifies them for being such. For NOT being a size ZERO.

I'm appalled.

Shame on you.

3 comments:

C said...

*claps*

Kimberly said...

She's gorgeous and healthy. The media attacking her for not being a stick is revolting.

Supersonic said...

WOW! This is the first time I am seeing that cartoon and I am shocked. People should really be ashamed to create this kind of stuff.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails