Okay, so I've been thinking about what I could put here for my second edition of Thursday Thirteen. To be honest, I've been thinking about it since Friday. *sigh* And I finally decided. Just now.
Thirteen Places I Want To See
1. Egypt ~ For as long as I can remember I've had this intense desire to see the pyramids, and ancient cites sitting near the bottom of the Nile. My best friend in grade school was from Egypt and I'm sure this fueled my desire. But I can think of nothing more great than seeing the history of a civilization that was able to construct such great monuments.
2. Ireland ~ Lush landscapes. A pint of Guinness. And a touch of faery. How can I resist.
3. Norway ~ I admit, my roots call to me. I'd love to see the country that my great-grandparents came from.
4. Australia ~ The Outback. The Great Barrier Reef. *sigh* The pictures make me envious. A good friend of mine lives there, and I keep threatening to invade her. *g*
5. Alaska ~ NOT being a fan of the cold, you wouldn't think this would make my list. But it does. It just looks so beautiful up there.
6. Greece ~ Again with the history, and monuments. What can I say?
7. Italy ~ There's just something so romantic about it. Even to go there by yourself - which I fully intend on doing. Or maybe with a good friend.
8. Mexico ~ And here we're back to ruins, monuments, and pyramids. I'm fascinated with the Mayans and while we're talking about it...
9. Peru ~ For the Incas.
10. Germany ~ I think my roots call me here too. Because I have no reason, other than I really want to go.
And because suddenly the last three are difficult for me to pin down, I'm gonna go with 3 fictional places I'd LOVE to visit. If it were at all possible ;)
11. Hogwarts ~ I remember being bummed when I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (why did they change the name for the US anyways *rolls eyes*) that I was past 11 and wouldn't be getting my letter asking me to attend.
12. Neverland ~ Being a kid at heart is something I think all of us could handle a little more of.
13. Middle Earth ~ Tolkien made it sound absolutely beautiful. Good and bad, sure, but still beautiful.
So there you have it. 13 places that I really want to visit.
See what others are blogging about at the Thursday Thirteen Website