}

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thursday Thirteen Edition Two

Okay, so I've been thinking about what I could put here for my second edition of Thursday Thirteen. To be honest, I've been thinking about it since Friday. *sigh* And I finally decided. Just now.

Thirteen Places I Want To See

1. Egypt ~ For as long as I can remember I've had this intense desire to see the pyramids, and ancient cites sitting near the bottom of the Nile. My best friend in grade school was from Egypt and I'm sure this fueled my desire. But I can think of nothing more great than seeing the history of a civilization that was able to construct such great monuments.

2. Ireland ~ Lush landscapes. A pint of Guinness. And a touch of faery. How can I resist.

3. Norway ~ I admit, my roots call to me. I'd love to see the country that my great-grandparents came from.

4. Australia ~ The Outback. The Great Barrier Reef. *sigh* The pictures make me envious. A good friend of mine lives there, and I keep threatening to invade her. *g*

5. Alaska ~ NOT being a fan of the cold, you wouldn't think this would make my list. But it does. It just looks so beautiful up there.

6. Greece ~ Again with the history, and monuments. What can I say?

7. Italy ~ There's just something so romantic about it. Even to go there by yourself - which I fully intend on doing. Or maybe with a good friend.

8. Mexico ~ And here we're back to ruins, monuments, and pyramids. I'm fascinated with the Mayans and while we're talking about it...

9. Peru ~ For the Incas.

10. Germany ~ I think my roots call me here too. Because I have no reason, other than I really want to go.

And because suddenly the last three are difficult for me to pin down, I'm gonna go with 3 fictional places I'd LOVE to visit. If it were at all possible ;)

11. Hogwarts ~ I remember being bummed when I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (why did they change the name for the US anyways *rolls eyes*) that I was past 11 and wouldn't be getting my letter asking me to attend.

12. Neverland ~ Being a kid at heart is something I think all of us could handle a little more of.

13. Middle Earth ~ Tolkien made it sound absolutely beautiful. Good and bad, sure, but still beautiful.

So there you have it. 13 places that I really want to visit.

See what others are blogging about at the Thursday Thirteen Website

16 comments:

Jen said...

Ok, this is going to sound like a really absurd question but I'm going to ask it anyway--Are Hogwarts and Middle Earth real places? If so, where are they? If not, where are they supposed to be?

I'd love to go to Italy, Peru and Alaska too.

Kristen said...

Your list looks quite fun. I have only been to Ireland and Alaska out of your 10 real places.

C said...

*starts packing bags and looking at airline tickets*

When are we leaving? LOL

orneryswife said...

Fun list. I am a homebody, and really could be perfectly happy just looking at other peoples pictures of those places. :)
Happy TT!
tm

Lori said...

Egypt, Italy and Greece are on my list too. I'm not ready to go just yet, but Heaven might be cool to visit too (smile).

My TT this week:
"13 Things, I Assure You, I Don't Want To See"

Mia Celeste said...

Lots of great places. I'd like to visit Middle Earth. Happy TT!

Unknown said...

I've seen gorgeous pics of Alaska in their summer time. I'd love to travel there. Fun list. Happy T13!

samulli said...

I'm with you on most of them (especially the last 3!). All except Germany, since, well, I already live here. ;)
But then again, there are so many places in the world I still want to see that I would probably agree with a lot of people's wishlists on that topic. I have lived in New Zealand for a year, so I guess that almost counts as Middle-Earth.

CountryDew said...

Oh, I love your last three fictional places! Very cool.

Of course the real places are rather nice as well!

kandyblossom said...

OH! I want to go to all of those places too! Especially Egypt and Alaska. Great list!

Happy TT!

Open Grove Claudia said...

Ooooh I hope you get to see them all!! do you have a plan on how to get there? A little nest egg? or will you do teh retirement thing?

Anonymous said...

I've been to 5 & 8 and I agree with every other one, except neverland. I'm around enough kids during the day ;)

jenn said...

Great list! I am afraid to fly, so I will never see these places, but I hope you do someday.

janetfaye said...

This is a wonderful list of places to see.

My children have been to Greece and they loved it.

Nicholas said...

Out of your first ten, I have been to four, and would love to see the other six.

Maybe they have a visitors' day at Hogwarts!

Angela said...

Thanks for all the great comments! I'm jealous of those that have been to some of these places. This is definitely my dream travel list!

C! I'm ready whenever you are ;)

samulli - Good point! I should definitely check out New Zealand, probably the closest I'll ever get to Middle Earth LOL.

And I'll keep my fingers crossed for a visitors day to Hogwarts *g*

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails