}

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Review: Unlaced - Controlled Response - Joey W. Hill

Thank you to Book Binge for previewing this book. The excerpts they posted, and the contest to win it (now closed) made me rush out and get it just as soon as possible.

I was going to wait until I'd read the whole anthology and do a review here, but after finishing Controlled Response by Joey W. Hill, I just had to talk about it right away.

When Lucas walks into a secluded clearing for a rest with his bike, he doesn't expect to find a half naked woman leaning back on Harley pleasuring herself. Wearing only a corset and thin silk panties. His spontaneous decision to become part of her fantasy ends with both of them thinking they'll never see each other again. But fate has a different idea in mind, and when Cassandra walks in to K&A for a negotiation, she'll soon find that much more than a business deal is being worked out.

This short is one of the best I've read in a long time. Often I'm left wondering why the hero and heroine fell in love after a novella, but that's not the case here. Ms. Hill does a wonderful job of giving depth to the characters, and the reasons for their actions. Cassandra had deep motivations for the way she behaved, and the way she dressed, which were all shown wonderfully. Lucas had a single-minded determinedness that was incredibly hot, along with a innate goodness that pulled at my heart. I loved him, not only because he knew when to push, but because he knew when to lay off as well.

Then there was the deep secondary characters. All extremely well fleshed out, but it was the K&A men that had me longing for their HEA's. One of them already got theirs, and I rushed out to purchase Behind the Mask which has Matt's story in it. I can't wait to see who's going to match Peter, Jon and Ben.

On top of all that, this story was incredibly hot. It practically sizzled in my hands.

This is the first story I've read by Ms. Hill, but it definitely won't be the last. I'll definitely be picking up her backlist, and eagerly anticipating her next novel.

Grade: A-

Unlaced is available from Berkley can be purchased here and here in ebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails