}

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Thirteen Edition One

So for my first edition of Thursday Thirteen, I decided to post the thirteen books that I should be reading, instead of re-reading the Fever series (by Karen Marie Moning).
And I apologize for the lateness of this post. I really meant to have it out this morning.

1. Dark Desires After Dusk ~ Kresley Cole
~ Book 7 in the Immortals After Dark series
So I can pick up and read Kiss of a Demon King, which is Rydstrom's story. I've been waiting forever for his story!

2. Veil of Midnight ~ Lara Adrian
~ Book 5 in the Midnight Breeds series
I've heard really good things about this book, and am really looking forward to Andreas' story.

3. One Silent Night ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
~ Book 25 in the Dark Hunters series
I've never been terribly interested in Stryker. But I've always enjoyed the Dark Hunters (and their various brethren, the Dream Hunters, Were Hunters etc). And I think I'm going to need this story in order to continue on in the world.

4. Dawnkeepers ~ Jessica Andersen
~ Book 2 in the Final Prophecy series
I seriously enjoy the mythology behind this series, which centers around the Mayan prophecy of the apocalypse, which is scheduled for December 21st 2012 . Really looking forward to seeing where she takes the characters now that we have the history and the coming together of the group.

5. If Angels Burn ~ Lynn Viehl
~ Book 1 in the Darkyn series
I've actually read this book once, but really want to continue the series and think that I need to re-read in order to refresh my memory.

6. Leaping Hearts ~ Jessica Bird
I've been hooked on the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, and ever since have been wanting to read the books she's written under Jessica Bird. This is the first one I've found.

These next ones are all recommendations that friends have been hounding me to read. LOL

7. Naked in Death ~ J.D. Robb
~ Book 1 In Death series
Yes. I've never read the In Death series. I keep hearing about it. I keep resisting it. I have this thing about wildly popular books. I just tend to hold off on them for quite a while. But my friend Kat has finally convinced me to start it.

8. Halfway to the Grave ~ Jeaniene Frost
~ Book 1 in the Night Huntress series

9. A Kiss of Shadows ~ Laurell K. Hamilton
~ Book 1 in the Meredith Gentry series

10. Daughter of the Blood ~ Anne Bishop
~ Book 1 in the Black Jewels series

11. Black Ice ~ Anne Stuart
~ Book 1 in the Ice series

12. Deal Breaker ~ Harlan Coben
~ Book 1 in the Myron Bolitar series
My friend Becky keeps talking about Wyn. A lot. I need to start this series.

13. Demon Angel ~ Meljean Brook
~ Book 2 in the Guardians series
I'm going to cheat on this one. I need to read the short in Hot Spell Anthology, called Falling for Anthony which is actually the 1st book in the Guardians series, also. So I'm combining those into one for number 13 ;)

The New Thursday Thirteen Site

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

1 comment:

C said...

Great choices! You've got some I've read and some I need to read. ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails