}

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best of 2010 - Books

Overall this year I've read a lot of fantastic books, some of them from authors I follow, but most of them I found through fantastic recommendations. Because there were so many books and authors I discovered this year through older releases I'm going to break this list into two parts, the first part will have my 'best of' for books released in 2010, the second part will be the books that I discovered late – for whatever reason. Also, because it will, most likely, be rare that I read anything released in December actually in December, I'm going to include through the previous year's last month.

Also, these are in alphabetical order by author, as it would be impossible for me to rank them.

Part I – Published in 2010
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels 4) by Ilona Andrews (review to come)
The Kate Daniels series is one that was recommended to me by a very good friend around a year ago. I, of course, went and bought the first book right away. And then it sat on my bookshelf until about a week ago. I don't know what it was about starting that series that scared me. Now I want to kick myself in the a$$ for not starting it sooner. I devoured all four books, as well as all the short stories I could find, in a week. And I want to go read them again right away. I'm bouncing already with the wait for the fifth book in the series - Magic Slays. If you haven't read this series yet, I highly recommend you start (books one through three are in the second part of my list). Because I've got a review to come, I don't want to say too much...just read it.

Scoundrel (Blades of the Rose 2) by Zoƫ Archer (review)













Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson 5) by Patricia Briggs
Patricia Briggs is one of those authors whose books I look forward to, and jump on at release day, every time. Mercy Thompson is one of my favorite series and it's always a pure pleasure to read.








The Iron Duke (Iron Seas 1) by Meljean Brook (review)













"Here There Be Monsters" in Burning Up anthology by Meljean Brook
The short story that made me fall in love with steampunk. Rarely before have I ever read a short story that made me go out and buy the next book, as well as most of her backlist. Definitely impressive. (P.S. Nalini Singh's short story is well worth it in this book too.







Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark 8) by Kresley Cole (review)













Mockinjay (Hunger Games 3) by Suzanne Collins (review to come)
The Hunger Games trilogy is another one that I devoured in a short weekend. I couldn't get enough of Katniss and everyone else in Panem. This, for me, was an eminently satisfying end to a extremely well written trilogy.







Quinn's Hart by Cassandra Gold (review)













The Taste of Magick by Riley Shane (review)













Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter 2) by Nalini Singh (review)













Bonds of Justice (Psy/Changeling 8) by Nalini Singh (review)













Play of Passion (Psy/Changeling 9) by Nalini Singh (review)



















Part II – Published Prior to 2010
On the Edge (Edge 1) by Ilona Andrews (review)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels 1) by Ilona Andrews
Magic Burns (Kate Daniels 2) by Ilona Andrews
Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels 3) by Ilona Andrews
The Turning (Blood Ties 1) by Jennifer Armintrout
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (Highland Pleasures 1) by Jennifer Ashley
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games 1) by Suzanne Collins (review)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games 2) by Suzanne Collins (review to come)
Breaking Free (Club Shadowlands 3) by Cherise Sinclair
Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters 1) by Cherise Sinclair

So, there you have it.  My best of 2010 list.  It's far more than a Top Ten, but I couldn't stop until I'd gotten everything that really captured me this year.

What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails