First, a good friend of mine, Nicole Sheldon of The Betrayed Writer, is hosting a giveaway for a great cause - National Breast Cancer Awareness and Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month (they share October). It goes until the end of this month, so head over there and check it out!! Click HERE
And while I'm here, a few other giveaways going on around the blog-o-sphere (check my sidebar for these regularly too):
Chazz Hart is doing giveaways all this month, and this weeks is to win Evernight, Hourglass and Stargazer all by Claudia Gray - the first three books in her Evernight series! Click HERE to check it out!
hobbitsies is having a 100 Follower Giveaway of Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen. Click HERE for rules on entering. Ends October 20th.
Karissa at Karissa's Reading Review is having a Fall Giveaway, consisting of Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen, and Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. Click HERE for the entry form!
Ambur at Burning Impossibly Bright is having a giveaway of Firelight by Sophie Jordan and assorted swag! Six winners in all. Click HERE to enter.
Okay! Enough with the giveaways and contests!
I've seen a few Teaser Tuesday posts around, and thought that sounded like fun! It's definitely gotten me interested in a few new-to-me books! So here's mine for this week:
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play, here's how:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share a couple 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE ACTUAL SPOILERS!! Make sure what you share doesn't give away too much!
5. Share the title and author too, so that other TT participants know what books to add to their TBR lists!
That was a hell of a sword strike. A good punch, too. He was dying to see what she looked like under all that grime and mud. "If I put you down, you'll fall, and I don't want to pick you up again after you roll in the muck. I'm muddy enough as is."
"You're a thug, and an ass," she told him, baring small, even teeth.
If she had the energy to snap, she was coming out of it. Good. "You say the sweetest things."
The Broke and Bookish. They're particularly fond of lists, girls after my own heart!! Check it out here.
This weeks list is (in no particular order, except the first one):
Top Ten Fictional Crushes
I tried to keep it to one per author. Which was extremely difficult!
1. Barrons - From the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. He's an enigma, totally hot, and smart as all hell! If I could figure out how to get him out of the book, I would.
2. Vishous - From the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward. A vampire that is a genius, loyal, and a dom. Loved him since I first saw him in Dark Lover.
3. Kaleb - From the Psy/Changeling Series by Nalini Singh. What can I say - I love a bad boy, and they don't get much badder than Kaleb.
4. Miach - From the Nine Kingdoms Series by Lynn Kurland. He's loyal to a fault, he's committed to his duty, but at the same time willing to do anything for the one he loves. Miach is quite simply wonderful.
5. Roarke - From the In Death Series by J.D. Robb. What's not to love about Roarke.
6. John Pritkin - From the Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance. I don't want to say too much and give anything away, but I absolutely love every time he shows up.
7. Lady Corsair - From the Iron Seas by Meljean Brook. A female pirate with a interesting code of honor, and a kick-ass attitude.
8. Bones - From the Night Huntress Series by Jeanniene Frost
9. Aragorn - From the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Adam - From the Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
And because I couldn't resist, some of my favorite's from TV and movies. Not just because of their looks (though that doesn't hurt) but the personalities make them some of my favorites. Here they are:
5. Castiel - From Supernatural
So. Who are some of your favorites??