}

Friday, October 1, 2010

Third Quarter Round Up

Earlier this year I took on two challenges for reading. Here's the Mid Year Round Up. And this is what I've done since then:

2010 Reading Challenge
I haven't made any progress on this. I think I'm going to have to look for books that begin with E, N, Q, X and Y.



New Author Challenge
The other challenge I took on was a retry from last year. I never did manage to even get more than one or two new-to-me authors tried last year. And while I'm not at the halfway point yet this year, I have expanded my horizons by 15 authors already. I've added a few more since the last update. Here's the new stuff since the Mid-Year Round Up:

16. Victoria Dahl (as Holly Summers)- The Wicked West
I grabbed this book on a recommendation from Sarah at Dear Author. I enjoyed it. It was a quick, intense read. I liked the female knowing exactly what she wanted, and not afraid to go after it. I'll definitely look for more of her work.

17. KC Sehlhorst - Hel Hath No Fury
I loved what the author did with the concept of Lucifer. He was handled absolutely brilliantly. I felt there were things in the storyline rushed, and not explained, but I definitely enjoyed being along for the ride and look forward to reading more by this author.

18. Vicki Lewis Thompson - Blonde With a Wand
I've heard of her Nerds books before, but this is the first one I picked up, on the recommendation of a friend. I really enjoyed it. I liked seeing the growth that both characters went through, and definitely look forward to more.

19. Anne Stuart - Ruthless
I enjoyed this historical romance novel. The characters and setting were very different to me, which was actually nice. See my review here.

20. Eve Silver - Sins of the Heart
Definitely not going to be the last book I read by Eve Silver. She set up a fascinating world, with great characters and an interesting plot. Read my review here.

21. L. Shannon - Amethyst Bound
Interesting world, but I didn't feel there was enough character building, nor enough to keep the story moving. It was relatively easy for me to put this down, and only force of will kept me going (until I met a character that I really want to know more about at the end!!) Read my review here.

22. Meljean Brook - "Here There Be Monsters" in Burning Up anthology
I loved this novella. Fantastic, fresh, interesting world and characters that are fully developed which is always impressive in a novella format. Can't wait for the full length The Iron Duke and have started on a glom of Meljean's backlist, her Guardian series.


On top of these I thought it'd be fun to keep track of all the books I've read this year. 2010 Year In Books.

Here's the stuff I've read since the middle of the year to now. More of these were re-reads than in the first half of the year. I've bolded the ones that I'd previously read. Also it doesn't seem like I'm on the same pace I was previously....wonder how the end of the year will finish out.

  1. "Here There Be Monsters" in Burning Up anthology (Iron Seas 0.5) by Meljean Brook
  2. Demon From the Dark (Immortals After Dark 10) by Kresley Cole
  3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
  4. The Wicked West by Victoria Dahl
  5. Run For Your Life by Andrea Kane
  6. Star of the Morning (Nine Kingdoms 1) by Lynn Kurland
  7. The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms 2) by Lynn Kurland
  8. Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms 3) by Lynn Kurland
  9. Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven 1) by Nora Roberts
  10. The Hollow (Sign of Seven 2) by Nora Roberts
  11. The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven 3) by Nora Roberts
  12. Hel Hath No Fury by K.C. Sehlhorst
  13. Amethyst Bound by L. Shannon
  14. Sins of the Heart (Otherkin 1) by Eve Silver
  15. The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair
  16. "Whisper of Sin" in Burning Up anthology (Psy/Changelings 0.2) by Nalini Singh
  17. Slave to Sensation (Psy/Changelings 1) by Nalini Singh
  18. Visions of Heat (Psy/Changelings 2) by Nalini Singh
  19. Caressed by Ice (Psy/Changelings 3) by Nalini Singh
  20. Mine to Possess (Psy/Changelings 4) by Nalnii Singh
  21. Hostage to Pleasure (Psy/Changelings 5) by Nalini Singh
  22. Branded by Fire (Psy/Changelings 6) by Nalini Singh
  23. Blaze of Memory (Psy/Changelings 7) by Nalini Singh
  24. Bonds of Justice (Psy/Changelings 8) by Nalini Singh
  25. The Wicked House of Rohan (House of Rohan prequel) by Anne Stuart
  26. Ruthless (House of Rohan 1) by Anne Stuart
  27. Blonde With a Wand (Babes on Brooms 1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson


I've also linked to my reviews where applicable.

Speaking of top reads for the year so far, here are my top ten...in no particular order, because that's just too hard. There's only been 1 change. Added Bonds of Justice.

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh
Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
Silver Born by Patricia Briggs
Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Breaking Free by Cherise Sinclair
Lover Mine by JR Ward
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley
Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails